That catch phrase stuck with me from the first time I listened to the VAP. Yes, they ALL leak. Armed with a few items and Rick’s trusty scaffold, I started tackling the problem this evening. I started by picking out old vulkem with an 18g blunt fill needle from the hospital, but there was very little to remove. Hmmm. A wipe-down with Windex to prep then run a bead of Alcoa gutter seal.
If you ever seal your rivet lines, and you should, I recommend you get one of these. Dave Makel told me about this little tube gripper and I can see it is the absolutely correct tool for the job. Nice even pressure with a squeeze of the handle and for the thrifty types you’ll get every last drop. Much easier on my wimpy hands too.
Still learning here. It is an art I haven’t quite mastered. Some beads have skippy sections.
But some look downright decent. Got half of the front end cap panels and a couple of window eyebrows done. It’s a start. Meanwhile, Ms. Lu is recovering nicely. After several bandaging attempts gone wrong, I’ve learned that she is trustworthy and doesn’t try to pull at her stitches. A naked leg is best. Lu, however, is still wondering why they shaved her leg for this.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day to all!